Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Bookshelves: vol.2

A few months ago while I was reading one of the ever shrinking trade magazines I get on a monthly basis, I stumbled upon a charming story about Persephone Books in London. They are an independent publisher that "reprints neglected classics by 20th century (mostly women) writers" in the most fabulous way.


All of the books in their fascinating catalog (86 and growing) are wrapped in their trademark stunning dove grey and cream cover.



Each book has a different wonderful pattern on the inside cover that is selected specifically for the story.




And every book comes with a matching bookmark.


Persephone Books has a fab website http://www.persephonebooks.co.uk/ where you can order all of their titles. They also have 6 and 12 month book clubs, where they will send you a different title each month, or you can, of course, order their entire catalog.


Oh, if I could just win that lotto....How I fantasize about a bookcase of dove grey books. For now I will have to start one title at a time.




Cheers,


BBS



Images taken from Google Image and Flicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment