Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Bookshelves: vol.1

From time to time, I will share with you great interior design books that I own, have read, or are looking forward to their publishing date. These posts will always be titled My Bookshelves, so you will know their content.

The Great Lady Decorators: The women who defined Interior Design 1870-1950, is a book I have been eagerly anticipating for some time now. It was written by Adam Lewis and the great Bunny Williams wrote the foreword. The book covers the story of Elsie de Wolfe and the society ladies who were nicknamed, "Lady Decorators". It discusses the history of interior design and highlights such well known female designers as Dorthy Draper, one of my personal favs as she loved to throw a good party, and Sister Parish.

The book is being published by Rizzoli and is being released on April 16, 2010. You can pre-order it on Amazon.com for a discounted price. I just did!

Happy Reading!


Cheers,

BBS

No comments:

Post a Comment