Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And the Nominees Are.....

Yesterday was one of my favorite days of the year, and no, not because it was Groundhog's Day. For those of you who do not know me....I love, love, love the Oscars. Well, I love movies, but the Oscars are the pinnacle of that obsession.
Every year I anticipate what movies will be nominated. It is a careful calculation of what is interesting to me vs. what has been already nominated for earlier awards like, the Golden Globes (all very big Hollywood and politics), The Critic's Choice (very snooty in their picks), and the SAG (which is actors giving other actors awards, somewhat strange). From these nominees and winners, I formulate (guess) which movies will be nominated.....
Wow, was I off. I will be very busy for the next month catching up on some movies. I can't wait.
And for the record, I love that Kathryn Bigelow is up against her Ex, James Cameron. I hope she and her movie, The Hurt Locker, kick his blue, Avatar butt. (my humble opinion, but I really hope we do not have a Lord of the Rings-esq sweep this year with Avatar. It makes for a boring Oscars.)
If you need me, I will be at the movies.....
Cheers,
BBS

No comments:

Post a Comment