Sunday, February 28, 2010

BZ's

I am back from a quick trip to Boca Grande and while it was on the chilly side, I was able to get a bit of sun and have lots of fun. I have many must see and do's when I am on BG, but BZ's is a favorite for the decor. It is tropical and bright in all the right ways, but still classy.

BZ's is the "watering-hole" of the The Gasparilla Inn and was freshened up a few years ago by Mimi McMakin (Celerie Kemble's mum) and Brooke Huttig of Kemble Interiors in Palm Beach.

I love the way this mural exudes the feeling of some of the inlet waterways on the island. It is behind the bar and really adds depth to the room.


Most of the furnishings, fabrics, casegoods, lighting and accessories are from Mimi and Brooke's collection for Lane Venture and can be purchased through designers (like me!)
If you have plans to be on Boca be sure to stop by for a look. If it is warmer than when I was there this time, enjoy their lovely attached and covered porch. It it great for an after dinner cocktail.
Cheers,
BBS
Information about the Gasparilla Inn can be found at www.the-gasparilla-inn.com and Lane Venture at www.laneventure.com
Top two images from Gasparilla Inn's website and taken from Google image. Bottom two images are from my camera.

1 comment: