Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Peek Inside My Humble Abode

Since the Color story from The Plain Dealer ran on Thursday, I have had tons of very sweet requests to show pictures from my home. Here is my Living Room with its pear green walls. I shouldn't admit this, but I just couldn't find the right shade of green in all of my paint decks and all of my sources, so I mixed it myself.

Here is one of the pair of bookcases I had custom built to flank my arched doorway. I love bookcases and was thrilled when I was able to add them last year. I think they really finish the room.


The chair on the left is a Mackenzie-Childs that my friend Megan talked me into purchasing on a whim in Chicago years ago and I have never regretted it. I love it. The wicker chair used to be the rocker in my Nursery and I had the cushion recovered with the fabric to match my valances.



My Dining Room wallpaper is a sand colored tone-on-tone damask and the window treatments are the same cornflower blue and lime green toile fabric as the Living Room. The furniture I inherited from my grandparents and I have it filled with the white bone china I got from them as well. (It really is nice to be an only child, sometimes)


I love Venetian mirrors and I have always loved this one of my parents. When I was little I used to make up stories about how the unusual shapes ended up in the mirror.


My bedroom. (It almost never looks like this, by the way) It is the most calm room in my house and I love it. Very peaceful to me.



Oh Oliver! He really did try to get in EVERY shot I took. I finally gave in and let him up on the bed.


This side panel is my favorite part of my room. It is cream interlined silk with contrast buttons, banding, and ties. They are so luxurious and soft.


A close up of the contrasting buttons and banding and the goblet pleat I used for the header.



My dresser and mirror. (Note reflection of Ollie and his stuffed pig in the mirror)


This dresser was my mother's when she was growing up. It was natural pine that had turned orange with the years. When I re-decorated my bedroom a few years ago, I decided the piece needed some freshening up. I had one of my painters finish the base in a robins egg blue and the top in an oatmeal color. I love how it turned out.



Well, there is a look at my home. I hope you enjoyed it.


Happy Weekend!


Cheers,

BBS


all images belong to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment