Sunday, April 25, 2010

An Argument for Wallpaper (Part 2-The Bedroom)

Today is my second in a series of posts on great uses for wallpaper. Yesterday covered Foyers. Take a peek back in case you missed it.



When I design bedrooms for my clients , I use it as an opportunity to make a departure from the flow of the rest of the house. My goal is for the bedroom to feel unique and interesting.


Wallpaper is a great way to achieve this.


The bedroom above is done in one of my all time favorite papers, Imperial Trellis, which was designed by Kelly Wearstler for Schumacher. It comes in fabulous colors, in wallcovering and fabric, and I love it for all things. Walls, drapes, beds, clothes, bags.


One of my favorite bloggers, The Zhush, did a great post on her love of Imperial Trellis last week. Check it out at www.thezhush.blogspot.com/2010/04/channeling-diana-vreeland.html


You will see at least one more example of Imperial Trellis through out my week long look into wallcovering.


Wallpaper can be fun. This colorful and whimsical paper would add charm to any room.



Or is can be soft. This large scale mural by designer Kate McIntyre has a wonderfully soft feel and I love how it was paired with the icy lavender. This space feels so serene; tranquil.



I really like the scale of the tone-on-tone pattern in this bedroom designed by Celerie Kemble. It is over-sized, so it is impressive without feeling busy.



This is a wonderful way to play up the angles of a room. It creates such an intimate space.



There is nothing better for a kid's room. So wonderful with all of the pattern and color.



I love the coordinating upholstered headboards to the walls. It really extends the space.



And I absolutely love the use of the stripe mitered on the ceiling. (More on papered ceilings later in the week) It creates a great tent-like feel.


Ahhhh Chinoiserie. Just Bliss. Love the deep turquoise lamps (Christopher Spitzmiller I am guessing) and that fantastic rug in this Miles Redd designed space. So unexpected and perfect.


Tomorrow: Baths


Cheers,

BBS









images from Domino, Southern Accents, Traditional Home, Elle Decor, Kate McIntyre, Celerie Kemble, House Beautiful, Veranda, Miles Redd

No comments:

Post a Comment