Monday, March 22, 2010

For the Love of Teal


First, I would like to apologize for lack of posts last week. My computer went to electronic heaven and it was a process to get a new one and get it up and running.

I am loving teal right now! It is hard for me to even except this fact as I grew up in the 80's and really thought I had had my fill of Teal. But it is back and seems fresher, cleaner. Possibly because it is not being paired with rose and burgundy????
The rooms above was done by a designer I admire greatly, Miles Redd. He lacquered the walls which gives them a wonderful glow. I would love to spend a sleepy Sunday in this room with my stack of magazines, one of the 3 books I am reading right now, and a great, endless cup of coffee. (and Oliver of course)

The bathroom pictured above is a perfect example of how you can add a burst of teal in any space. With all of the clean white tile and beadboard it is the perfect splash of color. The hint of yellow is fantastic with it.


This cozy drawing room in rich, dark teal was done by designer Suzy Hoodless. It is warm, inviting, and comfortable. I'm loving the red lamp shade and all of the gold framing with the teal.

This bedroom is so fantastical! It is over the top in all the right ways. I love, love, love the combo of the teal with the orange chinoiserie toile. The room was designed by San Fransisco based designer, Kendall Wilkinson and was featured in Traditional Home.

Here is a shot of the bed wall which shows off the decorative painting on top of the glazed painted paneling. The white shades with black accent are perfection on the teal lamps.

The Dining Room above showcases the striking floral paper from Harlequin. I recently showed this paper in another colorway to my client and just love it. She chose a different paper, but I was secretly rooting for this one.
How gorgeous is that chandelier???
No I charge you to go out and find your inner Teal!
Cheers,
BBS

Photo credits: House Beautiful, Miles Redd, google image, Suzy Hoodless, Traditional Home, Ideal Home.com





1 comment: