Monday, March 29, 2010

Color it Spring

I was pleased to find the April 2010 issue of Traditional Home in my mailbox when I got home from work on Friday. I just love receiving my favorite mags at the beginning of the weekend, so I can really pour through them at leisure.


This issue is titled "Color it Spring" and showcases wonderful colorful interiors. There is a house done by Jamie Drake, who is a favorite designer of mine. He has such a sophisticated use of color and is a hoot to see in person. He came to the Ohio Design Centre a few years ago and had us all in stitches. The home he did for this issue is uber traditional, but full of color and a priceless contemporary art collection. I love his mix of silk swag & jabot valances and Andy Warhol's Marilyn in a Prussian Blue Dining Room.



All of the homes featured used color boldly and I just love how there seemed to be a strong presence of this fabulous cerise pink throughout the homes. Makes me want to use it in a scheme soon.....Who's game????
Pick up a copy or check it online at www.traditionalhome.com
Cheers,
BBS

all of the images above are from a home done by Lee Bierly and Chris Drake of Bierly-Drake Inc. The photos were taken by Robert Brantly











No comments:

Post a Comment