Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Old MacDonald Had A......

I had some adorable visitors to the studio today.....




For some odd reason I can see naming them Layla...or Matilda....or Hank????

These wonderfully tiny oils arrived via truck today along with several larger friends. This is one of my favorite things at my job. Every 2 months or so, Hedges Fine Art, a company that has well priced original paintings, arrive in a large truck full to the brim with paintings. Not as "Starving Artist-ish" as it might sound. It is actually a really convenient and effective way to purchase art.

We pour over the canvases of all subject matter, size, and style until we find just the right pieces. Today I immediately fell for the beauties above, but we also selected a huge vertical 48" by 60" painting of Aspen trees and a modern colorful abstract.

As I type this, I can hear Jeremy Hedges in our back room stretching and framing our new pieces. I can't wait to see them finished.

I will include some photos tomorrow of the completed products.

Cheers,
BBS





No comments:

Post a Comment