Monday, July 12, 2010

Cleveland Furniture and Millwork Fair

The first Cleveland Furniture and Millwork Fair opens this Wed. at the Halle Building at 1212 Huron Road. This is part of the District of Design and is an exciting opportunity for trades and designers in and around North East Ohio.

I am proud to say I will be speaking to the exhibitors during one of the educational seminars.

My topic is "Doing Business with Interior Designers", which got me thinking about all the different ways I use trades for my clients. I often bring a craftsman in to create a custom piece of furniture to meet the special needs of my clients. Or a carpenter to do an intricate crown molding design. Or a cabinet designer to help facilitate a custom Kitchen which have included crazy things like a wide, shallow drawer to hide jigsaw puzzles in process. It is my job to come up with the crazy and unique ideas. It is their job to say, "Yes, Of course, I can make that work."

I am curious to know how you have used these special trades to do things at your home? Or if you are a designer, on your projects?

What is important to you when you are hiring them?


You will all be part of my research for my presentation! I am presenting on Thursday July 15th from 1:00-2:00pm if you are around The Halle Building and want to stop in to see me babble.

Cheers,

BBS

image from Cleveland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment