Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Trends, Trends, Trends

I have returned from the High Point Furniture Market recharged, re-inspired, and excited about what I saw on our whirl wind jaunt to North Carolina. I will do many posts from my trip, but I thought it would be fun to do a quick re-cap of the obvious trends I saw.

First of all...French Country is back. It is not the marigold, cornflower blue, and red French Country you may be remembering, but the love of all things french abounds. I heard the term, "European Cottage" which I loved, but the look is full of grey toned, crusty finishes and linen fabrics. We saw the look at all of our major furniture vendors. I snapped the picture above at Gabby Home, who I have blogged about before. We made a nice purchase from them, so we will have product coming in over the next few months in this look.
Everyone, I mean everyone, had a blue and white grouping. Some did it classic like Bernhardt above. Others like Century Furniture paired it with lime and aqua. Cool, crisp, and classic.

Animal prints never go out of fashion in design or clothing, but this market they seemed to have more of a presence. I loved this chair from Chelsea House. It had a cinnabar finish with two different scaled animal prints on velvet. A smaller print on the inside and a larger one on the outside back. Take note of the swirl to the arm of the chair. Perfection.


There is a real nod to the "Ralph Lauren" Thoroughbred look. It seems to be a little cleaner and brighter than Ralph's, but it was everywhere.



Ikat, Ikat, Ikat everywhere. Every color. Every scale. Every way. Love it.




Houndstooth became the fabric of market. We saw it on chairs, sofas, back of chairs, pillows, walls, drapes. We saw it in black, navy, hot pink, red, even multi-colored. We saw it mini all the way to very over scaled. We even saw a dozen or so women wearing houndstooth skirts. It was really all around us.



It was truly hard to pick a "Market Color Scheme" this year. Usually it is very evident, but if I had to pick it would be grey with gold. We saw it at Hickory White (shown above) looking very modern and we saw the combo at Century Furniture in a very traditional nod with a floral chintz and lots of trims.
There is more to come with pictures of what we saw and the fun we had, but now I have to catch up on the stacks of paperwork on my desk. Ahhh, back to reality.

Cheers,
BBS


all images were taken by me on my blackberry, so quality is not the best


No comments:

Post a Comment